US sanctions Russian Helicopters
This story first appeared on SemaphoreIntel.com – the specialist sanctions and screening product for aviation.
The US has issued sanctions against Russian Helicopters. The company was added as part of a group of sanctions targeting industry, companies that have supplied equipment for the invasion of Ukraine and politicians.
“The United States, with our partners and allies, is striking at the heart of Russia’s ability to finance and carry out its warfare and atrocities against Ukraine,” said Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen.
OFAC says that helicopters produced by Russian Helicopters are used by Russia in its war against Ukraine.
OFAC says: “Russian Helicopters was designated today for operating or having operated in the defense and related materiel sector of the Russian Federation economy. It was added to OFAC’s Sectoral Sanctions Identification List in 2015 for being owned 50 percent or more by Rostec, an entity subject to Directive 3 of E.O. 13662. Russian Helicopters was designated previously by the EU.”
OFAC has also added 15 entities related to Russian Helicopters:
- Joint Stock Company National Helicopter Center Mil and Kamov designs helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company Reductor – Pm produces helicopter components.
- Joint Stock Company Stupino Engineering Productive Enterprise produces helicopter components.
- Joint Stock Company Kazan Helicopters produces helicopters.
- Rostov Helicopter Production Complex produces helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant produces helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise produces helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company Helicopter Service Company conducts maintenance and after-sales service of Russian-made helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company 150 Aircraft Repair Plant repairs helicopters.
- Joint Stock Company 356 Aircraft Repair Plant repairs helicopters.
- Joint-Stock Company 810 Aircraft Repair Plant repairs helicopters.
- Limited Liability Company Center of Purchases and Logistics of the Helicopter Industry repairs motor vehicles.
- International Helicopters Programs Limited Liability Company engages in management and support services for air transportation activities.
- Joint Stock Company Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company is engaged in transport manufacturing.
- Obshchestvo S Ogranichennoi Otvetsvennostyu Vr-Resurs is engaged as a special trade contractor and in real estate.
All entities owned 50% or more, directly or indirectly, by Russian Helicopters are subject to blocking, even if they are not on the list.