Leonardo Helicopters appoints Clyde Woltman to lead US operations
Leonardo Helicopters has appointed Clyde M Woltman CEO of AgustaWestland and Leonardo Helicopters US.
Woltman joined Leonardo Helicopters in June 2019. He becomes CEO after previously serving as president of United States Government business, based in Arlington, Virginia.
Before joining Leonardo he was senior director of Defense Advanced Programs for Aerojet Rocketdyne – the manufacturer of rocket, hypersonic, and electric propulsive systems for space, defence, civil and commercial applications.
In previous roles he was the director of Navy and Marine Corps Programs for Pratt & Whitney, supporting the F135 propulsion system for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program. Prior to entering the private sector, Woltman served in the US Marine Corps. A career marine and naval aviator, he served in multiple operational commands and staff assignments. During combat operations, he commanded the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit AV-8B Harrier Detachment, Marine Attack Squadron 311, and Marine Aircraft Group 13.
A graduate of the University of Southern California Woltman has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and from the University of Paris Sorbonne a Master of Arts degree in Geopolitical Studies. He is married and has two sons, aged 22 and 18.
Clyde M Woltman – at a glance
- 2022 – present: AgustaWestland & Leonardo Helicopters USA, CEO
- 2020 – present: Leonardo Helicopters USA, CEO
- 2019 – 2020: Leonardo Helicopters, vice president
- 2013 – 2019: Aerojet Rocketdyne, Defense & International, Washington DC Operations, senior director
- 2011 – 2013: Pratt & Whitney, Navy & Marine Corps Programs, director,
- 2009 – 2011: US Marine Corps, deputy director of Operations; Plans Policies & Operations, Headquarters
- 2007 – 2009: US Marine Corps, commanding officer, Marine Aircraft Group 13.
Clyde M Woltman: the new CEO
of Leonardo Helicopters US.